We can assist in the various areas of Family Law matters that can be very overwhelming to handle on your own...

Divorce/Dissolution of Marriage

If you are a married person, you may file for Dissolution of Marriage to end the marital relationship between you and your spouse.  Along with restoring the parties to single status, the Court will issue orders for custody and visitation of the minor children of the marriage, child support, spousal support, and confirm or divide community and separate property assets and debts.

Domestic Partnership

Dissolution of a domestic partnership terminates the partnership. You must be a resident of the state of California, both parties do not have to agree to the dissolution and it takes a minimum of six months for this action to become final.

Legal Separation

A married person who wishes to maintain the marital status but separate and resolve all of other issues of the marriage may file for Legal Separation. 


A married person who wishes to restore the parties to the status of unmarried persons or as if they were never married may file for Annulment. Certain conditions must be met before the Court will consider the marriage as void or voidable. Regardless of how the case proceeds, the Petitioner, the person who initiated the case, will have the burden to prove to the Court that one of the conditions for nullity has been met before the Court will grant the nullity of marriage.


This action is filed by an unmarried mother or by an unmarried father who have minor children together. Through this action, the Court will determine paternity (or non-paternity if the father is found not to be the biological father of the minor children), and make custody and visitation as well as child support orders.

Custody and Visitation

In order for the court to address custody or visitation orders of their minor children there must be an underlying action. If the parents are married, either the mother or the father must first file an action requesting dissolution of marriage, legal separation, or nullity or file the petition for custody and support of minor children's action. If the parents are unmarried, either the mother or the father must file an action to establish the parental relationship or file the petition for custody and support of minor children.

Restraining Orders

  • Domestic Violence Restraining Order is for people who have or have had a married or dating relationship or are closely related such as a parent, child, brother, sister, grandmother, grandfather or in-law. You may be divorced, separated, a registered domestic partner, dating or used to date, live together or used to live together The person seeking protection must have experienced actual physical violence or a credible threat of physical violence. There is No Filing Fee to apply for a Domestic Violence Restraining Order. 
  • Civil Harassment Restraining Order is appropriate if there is not a romantic or close family relationship between the parties. Common examples of the types of restraining order are neighbor vs. neighbor, stranger vs. stranger, and distant relative vs. distant relative. The conduct that these orders try to prevent can range from annoying behaviors to physical abuse. Civil Harassment Orders can be made to stop a variety of behaviors, from repetitive phone calling to stalking. 

Stepparent Adoption

A stepparent petitions the court for adoption of the child of him or her spouse. A domestic partner desiring to adopt a child of his or her domestic partner may also file for adoption under this procedure. Stepparent adoption to confirm parentage is when the adopting parent is in a union with the birth parent at the time the child is born and is still in the union with the birth parent. The definition of a union is: marriage, California registered domestic partnership, registered domestic partnership or civil union from out of state that is equal to a marriage.